The Software Factory Manager
"At PASS I make sure that our IT experts can concentrate on the creative tasks of software development while the robots of our Software Factory program quickly and error-free."
Florian, Head of Competence Center Core Technologies
Until 2004 – Study of Computer Science at the University of Wuerzburg
Career with PASS
- 1997-1998 – Student trainee, one of the developers of the PASS-ERP system
- 2004 – Junior Consultant – Development of the first version of Software Factory
- 2006 – Start of the Migration Factory for automated modernization of legacy applications
- 2008 – Senior Consultant
- 2009 – Establishment of the Competence Center Core Technologies
- 2011 – Second generation of the Software Factory, covering the complete development lifecycle
- 2016 – Third generation of Software Factory, migration to cloud technologies
What are your most important tasks?
The planning and control of the PASS Software Factory – a system for generating source code as well as the development of methods for accelerating software development. I am also a Java expert. I guess my tasks are 70% development and 30% management.
What is important to you about your work?
Above all, interesting tasks, a calm environment, competent colleagues, flexible working hours and – last but not least – self-organization.
What soft skills should you bring to your job?
Serenity, persuasiveness, commitment, motivation and tolerance.
What does PASS matter to you?
That it is a family business with financing from its own resources. Then there's my great workplace and the joy of innovation.
What can your boss learn from you?
Think different. Change perspectives.